Emsculpt: The New Medical Gym
Emsculpt has been raved about by all walks of individuals from the likes of Kim Kardashian to other athleisure-clad influencers on Instagram, to beauty writers and cosmetic specialists. Many who have gone ahead and tried the treatment for themselves have described the sensation as “odd”, “freaky”, or “too good to be true” – getting the effects of working out without actually exercising! That has been the popularizing phenomenon of this therapy that has been impressing people since it burst on the market. Today, there are many reviews and before and after experiences available online to be further examined. Amongst all the commotion and talk of the town, what can we truly expect from this revolutionary weight-reduction method?
Does It Work?
It works by triggering supramaximal contractions with high-intensity concentrated electromagnetic energy (the kind that cannot be achieved by voluntary muscle action). The FDA has approved it for “improvement of abdominal tone, abdominal muscular strengthening, formation of a firmer abdomen, [and] strengthening, toning, and firming of the buttocks.”
A 30-minute session is equivalent to 20,000 sit-ups or crunches. The fat cells in the area are then signaled to break down their contents and release them as free fatty acids. The overwhelming amount of fatty acids causes fat cells to malfunction and die, after which they are processed by the body and expelled as waste. Meanwhile, the muscles are reported to go through cellular changes, thickening and strengthening (the device’s energy influencing the entire sheath of abdominals, from the rib cage to the groin).
What Can We Expect?
A typical Emsculpt treatment plan consists of four sessions spread out over two weeks, with individual treatments occurring two to three days apart. Each therapy session is about 30 minutes long. Patients should expect to spend 120 minutes in the clinic over the course of four days. Because there is zero downtime, patients can schedule appointments anytime during the day, including over a lunch break, and return to their normal activities afterwards. The feeling one gets from the session can be likened to the same feeling one gets after an intense workout.
You begin to feel tangible results right after the treatment. Positive results are usually reported two to four weeks after the last session and continue to improve for several weeks following the treatments.
This treatment is unique in that it not only implodes fat cells (resulting in a 19 percent reduction after four treatments), but it also develops muscle fibers (by around 16 percent) for more defined abs and rounder rear-ends.
To see the claims for yourself, you may check the wide range of reviews available on the internet from experienced patrons. It is always recommended to read up about which clinic you are willing to endorse before going ahead and purchasing a package. Do also check to see before and after pictures from the clinic or various internet sources to get an idea of what visual changes you can expect to see after purchasing a package with a clinic.
Benefits & Risks
- Muscle toning and building: This can help strengthen, tone, and build muscles in the treated area. It induces powerful muscle contractions that are difficult to achieve through regular exercise alone. It is particularly popular for enhancing abdominal muscles and sculpting the buttocks.
- Fat reduction: In addition to building muscles, this treatment can also contribute to fat reduction. The intense muscle contractions created by the treatment can lead to metabolic changes in fat cells, resulting in fat loss and a more defined appearance.
- Non-invasive and no downtime: It is a non-surgical procedure, meaning it does not require incisions or anaesthesia. The treatment is generally painless, and there is no downtime associated with it. Most individuals can resume their daily activities immediately after the session.
- Quick and convenient: Each session typically takes around 30 minutes, making it a relatively quick and convenient treatment option for those with a busy lifestyle.
- Natural-looking results: It provides gradual and natural-looking results. Over time, as the muscles grow stronger and more defined, the body’s overall shape and contour improve.
- Temporary side effects: Some individuals may experience temporary side effects such as muscle soreness, redness, or mild swelling in the treated area. These effects are generally mild and resolve on their own within a few days.
- Not suitable for everyone: It is not recommended for individuals who are significantly overweight or have a high body mass index (BMI). It is more suitable for those who are already close to their desired weight and have specific areas they want to target for muscle toning and fat reduction.
- Limited target areas: It is primarily designed for specific areas such as the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and arms. It may not be suitable for targeting other areas of the body.
- Cost: This is a specialized treatment and can be more expensive compared to some other non-invasive body contouring options.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow Much Does It Cost?
The cost of this treatment varies depending on the body part being treated and your clinic. As a ballpark figure, the cost for each session can lie between SGD 900 and $1200 for a 30-minute session. A full regimen usually consists of four sessions.
Is EmSculpt Treatment Safe?
It is a non-invasive procedure, there is little danger of negative effects. The most prevalent side effect is muscle pain, which is similar to what one might experience after a strenuous workout. The third phase of this treatment, on the other hand, is aimed to alleviate discomfort by assisting in the removal of lactic acid from the body.
There is no need for downtime, however, if you do have muscle discomfort, you are best advised to avoid working out for several hours thereafter.
While there is a low chance of negative effects, it is not suitable for everyone. Patients with implanted medical devices or metal parts (such as a pacemaker, screws, or plates) should not use the machine since it uses HIFEM® technology. Women who are pregnant or who have a metal-based IUD (intrauterine device), such as a copper IUD, should avoid this treatment.
Is EmSculpt a surgical procedure?
No, it is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment.
Can Men benefit from EmSculpt?
Yes, the applicator is universal and it works and delivers results for both men and women.